Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
These rules are subject to change without advance notice:
- Onsite parking is first come, first serve on the south side of the building only. If there are no parking spots available there, parking is available (free) in the City lot ½ block to the west. DO NOT park on the north side of the building under any circumstances.
- Bike parking is available on the south side of the building by securing your bike to the steel frame near the gas meter.
- Babysitting/childcare is not allowed.
- No open music is allowed other than the Sirius XM radio speaker system provided, which is set to “coffee house” music but may be changed to suit the holidays and/or special events. If you prefer other music please use your headphones.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Conference room(s) use is by reservations only. Calendar boards are provided to make reservations on a first come, first serve basis up to two month in advance. Conference reservations are limited to 2 hours per day per Member. If a Member needs a conference space for longer and/or larger groups, please arrange with Basement Shift.
- The space is for generally quiet office / business use. Please be respectful of others and limit your noise and the noise of your guests and customers – even during non-business hours as others are working.
- Use of profanity is discouraged as this is a professional work environment.
- Keep phone calls (volume) at a normal level – this is a shared space, so be considerate of others working.
- Printers and copiers are for normal/daily use. Do not use for large printing/copying projects (printing/copying over 25 sheets is considered “large”). Please use a copy center for large printing/copy projects. For wireless printing, create a new TCP/IP port, the number for the copier/printer is 192.168.1.51. Then just install the standard driver for an HP6030 printer.
- Mail normally arrives around 12:00 noon and will be distributed to your respective mail slot shortly thereafter. Basement Shift has no control of the timeliness of the USPS, so please be patient.
- Weekly cleaning service is provided. Please police your own garbage – including shared spaces – during the week. Cleaning service will not remove garbage from the desktop – only from the garbage cans provided.
- If the restroom, break room, or other spaces are in need of service or supplies are low, please notify Basement Shift.
- One locker only is available for each Member who is not in a lockable office space. Member is required to provide their own padlock to secure their items.
- Basic office supplies are supplied. Please be respectful and limit your supply use to what you actually need.
- Occasionally, public events and outside groups may use the common spaces. Every attempt will be made to ensure the Members are notified of these events in a timely manner so schedules can be managed.
- Access to printers, copier, office supplies, fax, and break room are available only during normal business hours. Access to other areas including restrooms and common spaces are 24 hour access.
- Members are provided an access code for building entry thru Proximity.
- The main door on Center Street is unlocked during normal business hours, but three doors (main door on Center Street and two doors on the south side) are accessible by access code after hours. Do not prop or otherwise cause any doors to be held in the open position at any time.
- There is one thermostat for the entire space. Please do not adjust the thermostat during normal working hours. Members may adjust the thermostat if working after normal working hours only. The last person to leave for the day is required to turn out the lights in all common areas.
- Two wifi newtworks are available: BSMT-SHIFT_24G and BSMT-SHIFT_5G. The wifi access code for both is: basementshift
- No firearms, knives or other weapons are allowed.
- Member dress is expected to be professional business casual. Members are asked to refrain from wearing revealing clothing.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed anywhere inside the building. Members may indulge outside.
- Basement Shift leases to the Member, and the Member rents from Basement Shift an (select one) office/open desk/conference meeting space at Basement Shift, a cowork space located at 444 South Center Street, Casper, Wyoming.
Membership fees are due upon Membership and on each consecutive month, payable to Basement Shift. Basement Shift reserves the right to charge late fees and/or withhold services if payments are not received on time and/or for insufficient funds in your account.
The Member shall use and occupy the premises for general office purposes and any other lawful purpose subject at all times to the approval of Basement Shift.
The Member shall not make any alterations, additions or improvements to the premises without the prior written consent of Basement Shift.
Basement Shift will provide the Member a desktop, office chair, and wireless Internet access. Member may not use the Internet access in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the main server or interfere with any other Member’s use and enjoyment of Internet use.
Basement Shift will provide basic office supplies, fax, printer and copier during Stateline Architects normal business hours only.
Members will provide their own additional office supplies and other amenities. Questions on allowable furnishings and product may be submitted to Basement Shift. Due to building/fire codes and other restrictions, Basement Shift reserves the right to limit items brought in by Members.
Members shall comply with all laws, orders and regulations of federal, state, county and municipal authorities and agrees that it will not conduct any unlawful business upon the premises herein. Basement Shift reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about Member and use of services as Basement Shift deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
At the end of the term of the Membership the Member shall return the premises in the same condition (subject to any additions, alterations or improvements, if any) as presently exists, reasonable wear and tear excluded.
Member may obtain or learn about Confidential Information from Basement Shift or other Members using the services. Member shall maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; do not disclose Confidential Information to third parties or use the Confidential Information in any way that directly or indirectly is detrimental to Basement Shift or its other Members.
The Member agrees to indemnify and save Basement Shift harmless against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of or in connection with the conduct of the management of the business conducted by the Member on the demised premises. It is further understood and agreed by and between the parties that Basement Shift shall not be liable and the Member waives all claims for damages to persons or property sustained by the Member, agents, servants, invitees and customers resulting from the condition of the building in which the leased premises are situated resulting from any accident in or about said leased premises, except for any such claim for damages arising out of Basement Shift’s gross negligence or intentional misconduct. In no manner shall Basement Shift or its agents or employees be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages.
Upon default in any term or condition of this agreement, Basement Shift shall have the right to undertake any or all other remedies permitted by Law. Basement Shift reserves the right to terminate any Membership immediately and without notice, if Member fails to comply with this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the parties, their heirs, successors, and assigns.
Basement Shift will carry General Liability insurance. As a Member, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using the space.